Maximum 20 participants. Teaching done by small group of 4-5 experts in wound healing including EAFWH board members and local speakers from the country where the programme takes place.
1) Completion of an e-learning course (Link available some weeks before the first course)
2) Two face-to–face / virtual courses of 2-3 days duration each with approximately 2-3 months interval. The courses will take place on a Friday, Saturday and Sunday, usually in a hospital or university setting.
- Included in both 2-day courses (if run face-to-face): Friday evening dinner for students and faculty, coffee breaks and lunches, water etc
3) An online examination, which must be completed at the latest one month after completion of the 2nd face-to-face course.
4) Submission of five case studies at the latest one year after successful examination.
5) Participation in two wound conferences (one conference of the European Wound Management Association (EWMA) and one national wound conference) at the latest one year after examination.
Re-certification must take place after 4 years.
With regard to the education programme in Germany please note that this is organised in cooperation with the “Initiative Chronische Wunde” (ICW) and follows a slightly different programme structure. For more information about this please read more here.